Areavoices #101 – Why Blog on Areavoices?

You can blog just about anywhere. So why would you choose to set up a blog on areavoices?

Besides the fact that those of us who work here are fabulous people, we can point to concrete reasons why areavoices is a great choice:

1. Great Local and Regional Coverage – Areavoices is a great place to reach people in North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin. If you want to be read by your friends and neighbors this is the place to be. Some areavoices bloggers are chosen as featured bloggers on Forum Communications Companies 35 newspaper and broadcast websites. That means while your neighbors are reading the top news stories of the day or checking the weather forecast they have easy access to your blog as well. Sometimes, it might be right on the home page of the website. Other times, it could be featured in a special section of the website (life, sports, etc). Even those not featured on the website can be found easily by clicking on the areavoices link. More than 1.3 million people in the four state region go to an FCC-owned property website every month. That’s a lot of people who might see your blog!

2. A Trusted Resource – Forum Communications Company is a trusted, established family owned organization. It started with the founding of a small semi-weekly newspaper back in 1878 and  eventually grew into what is now a mult-media company spanning 4 states. Being associated with Forum Communications and Areavoices lends a stamp of credibility to your blog. You know us. You can trust us. You know where to find us if you have questions or problems with your blog.

3. A Network of Friends -  Areavoices, through it’s WordPress software. enables you to manage and build an audience and help that audience connect with each other! For example, let’s say you write a blog on cooking. Your readers can find other readers interested in cooking. They can share stories and track other similar blogs on topics they might like (cooking, wines, baking, etc). By being connected, they get more information and are able to keep up to date with the latest topics in their areas of interest. You’ll also be able to share private messages with your readers. You can also send messages to multiple readers and come up with a detailed profile of yourself tailored to suit your audience.

That’s the just the beginning! 

Coming soon on Areavoices #101 – I know I want to blog. Now WHAT do I write about?????

4 thoughts on “Areavoices #101 – Why Blog on Areavoices?

1. Depending on the theme you use, you can set up Google Analytics for free. I’m sure the IT people know way more, but that’s what I’m doing! It’s a separate site to visit, but you can oppt for weekly or daily emails with stat updates.

2. Hi Sue….Here’s what Lindsey said:

“Blog tracking and statistics are available. This new tracking system
    is much more robust than the previous tool available on
    AreaVoices.com. If you would like these features enabled for your blog
    send us an email at support@areavoices.com or send a private message
    to me or Lindsey Guajardo.”

Hope that helps! We love Lindsey!