Here’s our weekly look at what’s new on areavoices and what might be worth a second look.
1. Dragon News – http://dragonnews.areavoices.com Minnesota State University Moorhead has started it’s official news blog. Doug Hamilton is the writer of the blog and he was really excited about getting this blog started as MSUM celebrates homecoming this weekend. He will share campus events, announcements, news from the president, etc. It should be very similar to NDSU News.
2. Fargo Cass Public Health – http://fcph.areavoices.com Fargo Cass Public Health was excited to start it’s blog as we head into flu season. They want to use it to announce possible vaccination clinics, anti tobacco education, etc. But they also want to have doctors post generic health information as well. Areas such as dealing with cold symptoms or protecting yourself from skin cancer, etc.
3. Red River Freethinkers = http://redriverfreethinkers.areavoices.com I’ve been watching this blog for quite some time. It’s written by former Fargo Mayor Jon Lindgren who definitely does not shy away from controversy. He likes spirited debate. This is the group that opposed the Ten Commandments going up on city property. He posts nearly every day. They’re quick, well thought out arguments regarding the separation of church and state. I find it thought provoking.
4. Don’t we all love Food blogs? I know I do and All About Food by Sue Doeden. http://sdoeden.areavoices.com and this is a good one. Great pictures, great recipes, great writing.
5. And finally I want to recommend two hockey-related blogs:
Rink and Run – http://rinkandrun.areavoices.com– Minnesota Duluth hockey and endurance sports from Kevin Pates of the Duluth News Tribune. This one qualifies as “an oldie, but a goodie.” It’s been around since 2007. It’s well written and full of great information
The Cullen Connection – http://mattcullen.areavoices.com – Your chance to interact with Moorhead’s Matt Cullen as he goes through his first year with the Minnesota Wild. It’s written by Forum sports and is updated almost daily. It’s a lot of fun for Minnesota hockey fans. This blog has been up and running for a couple of weeks now.
As always I’m looking for the best blogs! Let me know if you have a favorite!