Getting more people to your blog from your website

As I meet with people to sing the praises of areavoices, I’ve heard, “Oh, we don’t need a blog. We have a great website.” I usually say something along the lines of “Why not have both?” Experienced bloggers will tell you blogs and websites work best when they work together. You’ll end up picking up more audience by using both platforms. While some people will go directly to your website, many people will not seek it out. It’s for those people that areavoices blogging is so perfect. By being a featured blogger on areavoices and being picked up by some or all of our Forum Communications newspapers and broadcast websites, you have the opportunity for 1. 5 million people to just “stumble upon” your blog post. And because we encourage you to provide links on your blog, some of those people will then be directed to your website.
But it works the other way around as well. On Friday, I told you how Cass County, North Dakota government is starting a blog to keep it’s residents up to date on important news and events. They felt the need to start such a blog because of the looming flooding on the Red River of the North. However, many government entities have started fantastic blogs in recent months. (For example, you can read news about happenings at Duluth’s city hall on the blog Buzz.duluth. from Duluth News Tribune reporter Peter Passi, Stutsman County (ND) Emergency Management is running its “Are you Prepared?” blog and Clay county (MN) will be up and running soon.) Now Cass County is not only linking from its blog back to it’s website, it’s linking from its website back to it’s blog by using the areavoices logo right on their site, along with logos from Twitter and Facebook. See photo below.
You are allowed to use our logo on your websites in this way. As I said earlier, “Why not?” In the end, it means more people finding more avenues to your news and information. Let me know if you have any questions. And please let me know how we can help you start your blog!

One thought on “Getting more people to your blog from your website