Mother’s Day blogs – From Momma’s to Peace Garden Mama’s

I used to love Erma Bombeck. Even before I was a mom myself, I appreciated her witticisms about life as a housewife, from mundane chores, “My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint” to dealing with lazy kids, “My kids always perceived the bathroom as a place where you wait it out until all the groceries are unloaded from the car.”

Sadly, Bombeck died in 1996, but I’d like to think she’d be proud that her legacy lives on in the great Mom blogs on Areavoices. They share stories both heartfelt and hilarious about raising kids. We get advice, tips and belly laughs from these great writers.

I was going to list them all in this blog post, but figured I might leave one out. Not wanting to incur the wrath of mad mommys (I’ve been one myself.) I’ve chosen instead to send you to our Areavoices directory where you can see all of our Mom bloggers. They’re listed under the Family category. 

That being said, in honor of Mother’s Day I want to highlight a couple of mom-related blogs that I think are outstanding.

The first is called, I Got It From My Momma - http://igotitfrommymomma.areavoices.com.

It’s written by Alicia Wicklund, a student at North Dakota State University. Wicklund does something no other blogger on Areavoices is doing. She tells the stories of mothers and daughters and their shared memories, heirlooms and passions. In her last post, she tells the story about a Roseau, Minnesota mother and daughter who share a love of horses. In another post, she tells us about a fashionista mom and daughter from Greenbush, Minnesota who collect everything from handbags to eclectic antiques. Her stories are usually told with fun, expressive photographs. It’s an online scrapbook of the mother-daughter bond. I just love it.

The second blog to check out this Mother’s Day is called Peace Garden Mama II - http://peacegardenmama.areavoices.com  Roxane is a mom of five who writes about “family, faith and following the muse.” Her writing style is easygoing, but thought provoking. I love that she entertains and makes you think as she tells her stories and shares her ideas. 

Check them out!

And have a Happy Mother’s Day all of you moms!  Now, I’ll leave you with one final thought from Erma as you head off to those Mother’s Day Buffets:   “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart.”

Have a great day moms!

4 thoughts on “Mother’s Day blogs – From Momma’s to Peace Garden Mama’s

1. Ah, Tracy, thanks for giving me a nod, especially in the same post as the beloved Erma. Loved her to pieces! And by the way, Happy Mother’s Day to you! :)

2. Pingback: sunday special: tribute to moms on mother’s day 2011 « Peace Garden Mama II