How green is your thumb?

I’ve always had a brown thumb. Plants don’t stand a chance in my house. I haven’t had much luck with my garden either. That is, until I planted strawberries a couple of summers ago. They’ve gone completely nuts this year. This is just about 3/4 of what I harvested in June. Suffice it to say my relatives have had their share of strawberry jam and strawberry rhubarb pie.

Maybe my luck is changing because I’m reading more gardening blogs these days. (Sounds good right?)  Two of my favorite gardening blogs are The Dirt and East of ‘Weedin. When I read how real gardeners tackle their issues, I’m inspired and the proof is in my ginormous strawberry harvest.

I decided to highlight these blogs a little more by adding a category to our directory. They can now be found under “Home and Garden” instead of “Special Interest.”

But I’m also excited about another blog under Home and Garden. It’s called Randomly Remodeling. The author is a wife and mom of 4 who calls herself “easily distracted.” It should be fun to follow her do-it-yourself projects.

If you’ve never looked through our directory of featured Areavoices blogs, check it out at www.areavoices.com or under the Areavoices section of our FCC newspapers.

Comments are closed.