I am absolutely blown away

It’s never a good thing to sit at your desk and cry. Your co-workers either think you’re mentally unbalanced (Geez, is Tracy really that upset that people aren’t correctly tagging their Areavoices blogs?) or that you’re somehow goofing off (watching “Beaches” on Hulu instead of going through email). I can assure you I am neither of those things (at least I don’t think I am).

What I am is completely blown away! I’ve been spending a good chunk of the day getting some of our “Beautiful Women” nominees posted online. Since last Monday, we’ve been asking you to think about the beautiful women in your life. By beauty, we’re talking REAL beauty, that which comes from “being in your finest hour,” true inner beauty. I’ve been reading these posts all day. Ironically, many of our nominees are gorgeous women on the outside, but more importantly every single one of them has a wonderful story.

I am so humbled by the accomplishments of this varied group of women. Some have achieved the kind of success you’d love to have on your resume, others attract little attention but change lives by giving of themselves.

I’m tearing up at the thoughtful posts written by husbands, granddaughters and other friends and family matters. In their own words, these posts describe the women who mean the world to them and to this community. No doubt about it, ALL of these women are beautiful and it’s very clear ALL of them are very loved.

If you don’t believe me just read these submissions for yourself at http://beautifulwomenof.areavoices.com. Click on “The Women.” It’s not too late to nominate a woman in your life. Just go to that same blog address and click “Nominate Today.”

We’ll have details later on whose story will be featured in the newspaper, online and on TV/radio. In the meantime, anybody have a tissue?

Comments are closed.