Ham, Turkey, and “Un-Spam”

It’s holiday time and many of you will spend the next few days dining on delicious ham or turkey, so why am I choosing to write my last blog post before Christmas about SPAM.

Well, of course these days  SPAM is more than that famous canned ham product from Austin, Minnesota. It’s come to mean unsolicited electronic bulk messaging. Basically, a way for advertisers to reach you through emails, blogs, instant messaging and more.

We have ways of stopping it. Our SPAM filters stop thousands of messages a day. But sometimes our SPAM filter can get a little overzealous and traps legitimate Areavoices bloggers.

If it happens to you, you’ll get a message saying that your blog has been marked as spam.

Don’t worry. It’s not your fault. Don’t beat yourselves up. It’s Christmas – give yourself a break. Try not to beat us up either. Again, it’s Christmas. I promise we are nice people that aren’t out to get you.

That filter is working so hard to keep that junk mail from you, that once it awhile it will pick up on a word you print in your blog and think it’s suspicious. Bam! You’re marked as SPAM. But never fear. It’s a super easy fix. Just email us your name and blog address and either I or the fabulously talented Lindsey can make a very quick fix for you. You should be up and running in no time.

I’m telling you about this now, just in case you’re marked as SPAM over the holidays. I’ll be out of the office much of the time. It’s that time of year, I must enjoy (or at least pretend to enjoy) my mother-in-law’s famous green jello salad with pineapple and cottage cheese. It’s crazy, I know, but is it really any crazier than canned meat product?

Anyway, I digress. I’ll be out of the office, but I wanted to let you know we can still unspam your blog. If I can’t do it, Lindsey can. It might take a little longer with the comings and goings of our vacation schedules, but we will get it done.

In the meantime, be patient and enjoy whatever meat product you like this holiday season and don’t forget to pass the jello.

Comments are closed.