A Big Congratulations to this Areavoices blogger!

Local blogger wins national writing award

Congratulations to Areavoices blogger Julie Holmquist who recently received a national award for her blog, “God Tracks: The Evidence of God in Ordinary Lives,.”Holmquist lives in Wisconsin but her blog is featured in Forum Communication newspaper websites across Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.

Holmquist’s blog, found at godtracks.areavoices.com, was honored by the 2012 Evangelical Press Association Awards of Excellence. Each year the Evangelical Press Association (EPA) contest honors the best work done by EPA-member publications during the past calendar year.

The award was presented at EPA’s annual convention May 9-11, 2012 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The Awards of Excellence honor overall excellence of a publication. Judges in this category evaluate a number of criteria, including writing quality, content choices and design. Holmquist received the Award of Merit in this category and was one of two winning bloggers. The blog posts true stories about people and how Jesus Christ is making a difference in their lives.

Judges commented that the blog was “all-around exceptional” and that “You can count on each post to be thorough, engaging and thought-provoking. The reader is drawn in from the very first sentence.”

“Jesus is working in amazing ways this very moment, and people have stories to tell,” Holmquist said.  “I’m just passing these stories on, hoping to give glory to God and encourage others. Anyone with stories to tell can contact me at god.tracks@yahoo.com. I’d love to hear from them.”

Comments are closed.