A real life Eva Gabor? – Areavoices Digest #80

If you’re over a certain age…ahem…you grew up not only watching this ridiculous show but singing it’s catchy lyrics.

Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin’ is the life for me.
Land spreadin’ out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

Green Acres ran from 1965 to 1971 and starred Eddie Albert as Oliver Wendell Douglas, a frustrated New York City banker who longed for simple country life. His pampered wife Lisa, played by Eva Gabor wasn’t as ready to chuck everything.

New York is where I’d rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

He convinces or rather drags (“You are my wife!”) Lisa to Hooterville,  USA to start farming. What ensues is 1960′s era hilarity as Oliver drives his tractor wearing a suit and Lisa parades around the house in silk robes and feather boas.

But in our midst on Areavoices we might have a real life Eva Gabor.

Cloey is a native New Yorker who now finds herself a farmer’s wife in rural Minnesota. Her fish out of water stories are a hoot (she was surprised when the movie theatre employee let her help herself to the butter).

Check out her blog and the rest of the recommended blogs in this weeks digest:

From NY Life to Farmer’s Wife
greenacresrevisited.areavoices.com
Cloey is a former New Yorker who now finds herself married to a farmer in rural Minnesota. You can take the girl out
of New York, but can you take New York out of the girl?

18 Holes with Jack…Daniels
fmgolfguy.areavoices.com
Corey Herlickson, head golf professional at The Meadows Golf Course in Moorhead, provides tips and advice for golfers.

Golf
golf.areavoices.com
Self-proclaimed “worst golfer in the region” Paul Stein writes about golf in the Twin Ports area of Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Live It!
liveit.areavoices.com
A regional lifestyle magazine designed to take an up-close and personal look at the
people, places and things that make west central Minnesota a great place to live.

The Public Square
thepublicsquare.areavoices.com
Jay Milbrandt is an attorney and author from Worthington, Minnesota. His blog seeks to recreate
the old time town square where people meet to exchange ideas and participate in civil debate.

Comments are closed.